• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding GoPro Telemetry Data

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is this "Gauges" folder???? I don't have any folders there... There is 2 tutorials on Youtube of how to do this and when they show their After Effects window it's just there.....

If anyone knows how I can simply add telemetry data to my GoPro with a program that is a little less mind numbing to look at... that would be great 

ss.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The telemetry data needs to be acquired outside of After Effects.  That information can then be used to create a data-driven animation in After Effects.

After Effects User Guide > Work with Data-driven animation

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/data-driven-animations.html

As far as extracting the data goes, you need a 3rd party utility that does that.  Here's the top result that came back when I searched for it:

TELEMETRY EXTRACTOR PREMIUM FOR GOPRO

https://goprotelemetryextractor.com/gopro-gps-telemetry-extract

Although, I have not used that product and cannot give it a recommendation.  Perhaps other users will chime in with options that they like for extracting telemetry data.

Since the "GAUGES" folder in your screenshot is part of an After Effects template, I'd reach out to whomever you purchased that template from for what they recommend to use to extract that data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have my telemtry data extracted using the software that you
recommended and I was able to download their template files and get the
"gauges" folder I was looking for but now I've run in to a new problem...

Now when I upload my videos they just a solid green screen... Any idea what
I've done wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your hgardware acceleration is not working correcxtly if videos show green or in weird colors. Update your graphics driver and check the relevant settings inside AE.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sweet thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines