• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjusting the length of tapered shape paths

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a rather specific question from a lower intermediate user (me). I created a shape layer and after fiddling/experimenting with the gradient stroke options, I figured out what dashes and tapering were and how they work. One thing, when doing a taper on the dashed stroke path surrounding my shape (picture attached), is there a way I can adjust the path length so that my taper doesn't go all the way around the shape, but rather around maybe halfway (?), ends, then starts up again so that I get the dashes tapering in waves?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apply a Trim Paths modifier and tweak the start and end.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need a copy of your star with stroke only. Convert that to a Bezier path, make the path open, delete all but 3 of the points, add a repeater, then apply your stroke taper and dashes. Something like this:

RickGerard_0-1670705465623.png

In the future, don't use the Attach button to share screenshots. Just drag them to the reply field. I've used the Attach button to share a Project file for you to look at. The screenshot shows all modified properties to the shape layer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines