Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Adjustment layer is white

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I need help!
When i want to make a Adjustment layer it is white (not transparent)
Hot do i make the Adjustment layer it self transparent? 
[NOTE]
The blending mode isn't helping!

Please if someone know what to do!

Thanks.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Community Professional , Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021
Your adjustment layer is used as a track matte, by two layers at the same time no less. This simply cannot work. I would suggest you actually read the online help on such basics before modifying what appears to be a downloaded template or blindly following a tutorial. Mylenium

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional , Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021
Mylenium is correct.  You have an Alpha Track Matte set on the layer below the adjustment layer.  This means Layer 2 is taking the alpha channel from the layer above - which is probably nothing.  You also have Layer 1 using the alpha channel of Layer 2. This makes no sense at all.  Try turning off the Alpha Track Matte setting, especially if you're not sure what they're doing.  

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your adjustment layer is used as a track matte, by two layers at the same time no less. This simply cannot work. I would suggest you actually read the online help on such basics before modifying what appears to be a downloaded template or blindly following a tutorial.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium is correct.  You have an Alpha Track Matte set on the layer below the adjustment layer.  This means Layer 2 is taking the alpha channel from the layer above - which is probably nothing.  You also have Layer 1 using the alpha channel of Layer 2.

This makes no sense at all.  Try turning off the Alpha Track Matte setting, especially if you're not sure what they're doing.

Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 12.27.31 pm.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alright i will check! Because im following a tutorial and this is exactly how they have but the Adjustment layer is transparent for them.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines