• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustment Layers Stop Working Mid Way Through Comp?

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for taking a second to see if you can help with this! I have a comp with a couple of adjustment layers (very specifically, I'm giving a piece an old look with the instructions from this YT tutorial: HOW TO CREATE AN OLD FILM LOOK USING AFTER EFFECTS - YouTube ). The "Scratches" adjustment layers work fine for most of the composition (which runs just under 5 minutes now), but suddenly stop working about 3 minutes in. They don't disappear - they just freeze/stop changing. I can see this in both preview mode, and after rendering it out. I've got a solid desktop with 16 MB RAM, and the newest/2017/cloud version of AE.

Any ideas why these two adjustment layers would suddenly stop adjusting halfway through a composition?

Really appreciate your input! Thank you!

B

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from generic Cloud/Setup forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea without seeing the modified properties of the layer that is giving you problems. I suspect that you might be running into a counting limit somewhere.

If the comp one five minute shot? if so you may have to change the settings somewhere. If there is more than one shot in the composition then break the movie into multiple compositions. AE is best suited to creating shots that you can't create in a NLE. It's a lousy editing tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do your keyframes extend all the way to the end of your composition? It sounds like your end keyframes on your adjustment layers are at the 3 minute mark, when they should be at the end of your timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BrianB,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if our experts’ advice helped you or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

Almost exactly 5 years after the OP, I had this problem. After an entire afternoon fighting and searching where the problem is, I wasn't able to find it. But my work around was to create another composition and start using the adjustment layer at the beginning of the composition, so once stitch together everithing worked out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impossible to tell what the original issue is, glad you've got it sorted though.  Any chance you could post of a screenshot of the entire application with the comp where it's not working visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing with me. I copied all of the layer in the old pre-comp, paste it in the main comp, and make a new pre-comp from that layers, and voila it works just fine. It's kinda silly, but hey it works just fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, unfortunately I also had the same problem and it still hasn't been solved. It is very surprising that no attention is paid to her at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

smae here, i have a time*number so.. it should work all the way, yet it does not,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines