• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Font List Problem

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, I'm facing more problems with Adobe Software. Video-based Adobe applications such as After Effects and Premiere Pro are currently not working properly for me. Photoshop and Illustrator are not suffering from this problem.

Any time I try to change fonts in a project, the list closes, and I'm shown this message:

- Ae 2022:

Ae22.png

- Ae 2023:

Ae23.png

- Pr 2022:
Pr22.png

- Pr 2023:

Pr23.png

I tried to contact an Adobe technician:

We spent three hours in a remote session and tried uninstalling all software, including Creative Cloud. We tried emptying caches in all software and uninstalling Adobe fonts. Then he disconnected, and I went back to the waiting line. After another hour, I gave up.

After some tests, I concluded that the problematic font is one called Arca Majora. Unfortunately, that font was not in the Control Panel fonts list. I, then, followed this tutorial to uninstall fonts not shown in the Control Panel.

I believe that removing that font might solve the problem, but I could be wrong. Not only that, but I used this font in multiple projects without problems before. Unfortunately, Arca Majora is not on Control Panel, but is present in 'C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Fonts', even after I "uninstalled" it.

My next step would be to try using an external font manager such as FontBase; copying the name of the font and pasting it to the font list search bar before Ae tries to load other fonts.

My System Info, in case it's useful:

• GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060
  • CPU: Intel Core i7
  • RAM: 32Gb
TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you actually booted into safe mode to remove fonts? Is the font being used by an app or a tile? If so, you need to disable those as well or Windows will bring back the font from its hidden cache, which you may also need to get into and remove the backups.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mylenium,

Thanks for answering here!

I tried booting into safe mode to remove the fonts, but I couldn't find them... how can I disable these fonts or remove them from the backups?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to make your hidden files visible and then dig into the Windows folder and it's sub-folders as well as the Program Data folder. The default fonts and caches are in Windows/Fonts and Windows/System32 and the of course there may be copies in your user folder. Once you've unhidden all files they're easy to find with a simple search for "font".

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EdgarFalcao,

Let us know if Mylenium's suggestion help. If it doesn't, try clearing the font cache: https://thegeekpage.com/delete-font-cache/

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problem for a long time now and i tried deleting the cache but when i get to the final part of that tutorial, it says that the fontcache files are open in another application even though they aren't and i cant delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey i did clear the font cache but that didn't help, still getting the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a very easy fix for it, just press the favorite tab in the font menu and now youre able to scroll and search through fonts normally, but there still needs to be some actual good fix for this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @valthvisuals

Which version of After Effects you're using? Are you getting this issue with the latest version (23.1) as well?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey still facing this problem in 23.1 with a few other versions that came out with 23.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

meant to say with a few other probelms*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines