• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe After Effects crash when is closing

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects keeps crashing every time I close the app and have been doing that for a while now even with all the updates. I'm using a MacBook Pro 2019, 2.6Ghz i7, 16GB, AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4GB.

I don't see this issue reported anywhere else.  Do you have any idea what can be happening here?

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Provide an actual crash log and someoen might have an idea, but otherwise this may not be going anywhere. From soem driver not unloading to a security vioaltion when the preferences are written to disk to cache cleanup there could be a million reasons for this and it's simply not possible to isolate the cause without further info.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having permission issues with AE 22.3 when exiting the app. That might be a good place to start. This may give you a place to start. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm leaving here the report the system always attempts to send to Apple when I force quit the app. I hope it can help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the OS X window server is crashing because it does not receive any feedback when it's calling the AE app. So it basicalyl never knows if the app is still active. Hard to say what would fix it, but at the very least I would create a new user and see if this makes any difference. Outside that I can only imagine the usual stuff of updating the graphics driver, but the options are apparently limited on Macs.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried using a new user, but still having the same problem. For now, I can live with it since it's not affecting my work. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines