Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe after effects crash

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My After effects is crashing unexpectedly while working. It automatically stops working in between working. Please help me in this. My works are getting delayed due to this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the After Effects forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

You will need to provide additional information for troubleshooting, including your computer hardware, OS and its version, and version of After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Does this only happen on one project or all projects?
  2. If it only happens on this one project create a new project and import your problematic .aep into the new one
  3. What exact version of After Effects are you using (not just the year, but the version from Help > About Adobe After Effects?
  4. If you're not updated, try updating to the latest version.
  5. Do you get any errors when the crash happens?
  6. What OS are you on?
  7. If you're on Windows can you update to the latest GPU drivers?

There are many things to consider and you'll have to provide a lot more information for us to help. Please be as specific as possible with the issue you're seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. This is happening in all projects.

2. I'm using After Effects Version 18.4.1 (Build 4).

3. After Effects in my laptop is updated.

4. No error I'm getting. It stops working. I'm attaching a screen record of same issue.

5. I'm using Windows 10 in my laptop.

6. I've updated everything. After that same problem is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting the screen recording. The first thing I would look into is your GPU settings in After Effects and your GPU drivers.

1. What GPU do you have and what driver version are you running? If it's a Nvidia GPU, are you using the Game-Ready or Studio drivers? The Studio drivers are typically more stable and better for working in professional applications that don't need the latest and greatest updates that the more frequently updated Game-Ready drivers provide. 
  2. I should have asked when this issue started happening. Did it happen after you updated a GPU driver or After Effects? If so, you should try rolling back to the last version that worked to see if that makes a difference.
  3. If the latest or previous version of your GPU driver doesn't change anything, try disabling GPU Acceleration in your project by clicking the "Rocket Ship" icon at the bottom of your Project panel or going to File > Project Settings and choosing "Mercury Software Only." Ideally you'll keep this on and if the problem persists then you can turn this open back on later.
  4. Additionally, you can go go the After Effects Preferences > Display and uncheck "Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels."

You can disable both options in steps 3 and 4 to see if the problem goes away. If it does, re-enable each one individually, work for a bit, and see if the problem returns. Again, ideally, both of those options are always on, but they could help narrow down where your actual problem is occurring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Draft 3D: Available
Texture Memory: 3286.00 MB
Graphics Card
Vendor: Intel
Device: Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics
Version: 3.0.0 - Build 27.20.100.9316
Total Memory: 8.02 GB
Shader Model: 4.0 or later

Above is my GPU information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this problem happened after some days of installing After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so you don't have a dedicated GPU with drivers that are as easily updated, although Windows Update should still provide you with drivers when necessary.

In that case, I would go through steps 3 and 4 above and toggle the GPU settings and trying to continue working.

Is this the first time you're installing After Effects or do you mean it happened after updating to the latest version?You can find instructions on how to install the previous version of an app here: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your help. Definitely I go through those suggetions.

Thank you so much again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines