Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe After Effects crashing when opening files created in previous CS5 version

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

After fw years I decided to switch from old AAE CS5 to the newest version. Unfortunately when opening the files created in old version the CS23 keeps crashing. can anyone check the report, please? I assume this can be linked with the plugins I am using (Neat Video, ReelSmart Motion Blur Pro and ft-Lens Distortion), although when applying those in a fresh scene nothing wrong happens. can You help, please?

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have older versions of After Effects, you open the project file by the version. Or you turn off the option of multi-frame rendering.

Edit > Preferences > Memory & Performance > Enable Multi-Frame Rendering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You very much. By saying "open project file by the version" You mean there is some special way of opening projects? Sorry but I've been working on one vesion - CS5 for years and I am not familiar with the new version features yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What report? The crash reports are handled by an automated internal system that nobody here has access to and unless you provide the ID code, nobody even knows it's yours. If you want people here to look at your stuff, you have to copy & paste the text here. That aside you haven't even provided the most basic system info and other details, so we honestly cannot know what may be going on. You need to do better and make an effort to give us something we can actually work with.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You for Your reply. I get Your point and I can imagine You are done with such users as me. But since after every crash I am able to send the report (and that's what I) I quess there is a report. My question was about the possibility if You are able to check such report. And since we are now in a public space I don't want to be hacked by someone who knows how to use such data. I am not familiar with such stuff. I noticed usually users share such things with support via  PM's, not posting in public space. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing to "hack" based on a crash report. Click on the "Show details" link in the crash dialog, copy & paste the info here. Feel free to edit out what you may consider sensitive info like folder names and such.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thamk You for Your reply. Since I don't see ""Show details" link " anywhere I let myself to send this via wetransfer:
https://we.tl/t-UnV8p2REaT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Judging from the dump it seems an older version of NeatVideo has embedded soem 32bit data that will not be correctly converted in newer versions. This is pretty much a problem on their part, I'm afraid. As a last resort you could try the usual things like importing those projects into a clean project or opening them with capslock enabled, but you'll definitely have to remove the references to NeatVideo and reinstate them with the new version.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You so much! Your advice to use capslock solved my problem! Can't thank You enough!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines