• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe After Effects keeps on cutting off my video

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everyone! i am currently having a problem with my Adobe After Effects.

I was importing my videos for a school project, but then i noticed that the videos' durations are not complete.

for example; The video is originally 24 seconds, but after i imported it it's only 20 seconds.

Any helps and replies will be very much appreciated, thank you. :]

for more details :
The video i imported has been converted from MOV to MP4 file with VLC.

i use Adobe After Effects 2020

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export , Performance , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There could have been a framerate conversion during the VLC conversion process. There is also a possibility that the source file was recorded with Variable Framerate which was then corrected in VLC. And why did you use VLC?

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Thank you so much for answering.

That really makes sense. I converted the files from MOV to MP4 because i thought that the files were too big, and i used VLC Media Player because it's the fastest program i can find to convert them. I tried to import a video with a normal MP4 file and it turns out fine, so most likely it's in the converting process.

I wish you a wonderful day, and thanks for helping!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info about the clips' sample rates/ framerates, composition settings, footage interpretation, preview settings, system info and so on we can't tell you much. There's a million ways to screw this up and you need to be much more specific. Even the actual conversion could be the issue as Roland already said.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello! Thanks for answering.

I'm sorry that I didn't provide the specific details and information. I myself am a real, real beginner at using After Effects. haha.

I really appreciate the time that you took to reply, though, so thank you! I wish you a wonderful day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines