• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe After Effects preview not working, green bar is there but does not play

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2024 Jul 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open any project that I have done so far and I click play, the project starts rendering, and the green bar starts to progress. However, randomly the red line will just stop while playing the rendered frames, and cpu and gpu usage of after effects will go to 0%, I've also noticed that while rendering my cpu or gpu usage is around 10% or a max of 15%. Another problem I've found is that while after effects is idle and I go to another screen, it starts to render frames as usual and cpu or gpu usage of AE spikes up, but when I go to play those rendered frames that says they are rendered since they are under the green bar, the green bar dissapears and AE starts rendering again and pauses randomly as before.  

TOPICS
Crash , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Thank you for replying Nishu,

However, it somehow started to work again, I can now fully render a project without stopping it midway. I still don't know the full cause of the errors, I started in safe mode and reset preferences and one day it started to work. However, I have a AMD g15 advantage laptop with a rx6800M, I upgraded the laptop to have 32 gigs of ram and added another SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shirish,

Thanks for writing in. What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version) and the version of After Effects. Are you having this problem with all the projects? Asking this because, in some cases, screen-recorded footage creates such issues. Can you test with some footage recorded on a camera (not a phone camera)? Have you tried clearing the cache (Edit > Purge > All Memory and Disk Cache)?

Let us know. Moving this thread from Bugs to Discussions for troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for replying Nishu,

However, it somehow started to work again, I can now fully render a project without stopping it midway. I still don't know the full cause of the errors, I started in safe mode and reset preferences and one day it started to work. However, I have a AMD g15 advantage laptop with a rx6800M, I upgraded the laptop to have 32 gigs of ram and added another SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines