• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe After effects problem with background of moving picture "GIF"

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble as a new designer trying to figure out how to get my backgrounds timeline to reappear: meaning the video is there and all the layers for the copied and pasted video to get to 1 minute long, after I did that my timeline went blank, but the video still plays the whole 1-minute clip so far. Any suggestions on what I should do to fix this? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to visualize the issue. It will be good to provide ScreenGrabs of your timeline which shows all properties you have adjusted and also a ScreenGrab of your Composition Panel. 

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As already mentioned by Roland, screenshots, system info and some more specific explanations about what you actually do are required. That said, using animated GIFs in AE is a pretty terrible workflow, so you may want to consider converting the GIF to a regular image sequence or video clip using Photoshop or any other tool you fancy.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much for the help!! I will try that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JackFrost_0-1665164936460.png

sorry let me explain this a little better sorry, I am a college student learning all of this. so far this is what my screen looks like on after affects. my issue comes into play with my duration bars not being visible and do not show as i play the timeline/video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are in graph editor mode. Hit Shift+F3 to toggle back layer mode. You may want to start by actually reading the online help. No offense, but it's all too obvious that you're "muddling through" and making this up as you go, but that won't get you very far. Many things in AE simply are not intuitive with many things hidden behind obscure shortcuts and icons. You'll never get anything done without understanding the basics.

After Effects User Guide

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appreciate the response "somewhat". Unfortunately, I am not muddling through this sir, I am simply asking questions because I am so new to these, I have been looking up videos and tutorials of these but nothing has helped. Thank you anyway! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines