• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe After Effects v 22.2.1 stuck/hanging/frozen on Splash Page "Initializing MediaCore

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I installed Adobe After Effects today and when attempting to launch, it will hang on Initializing MediaCore on the splash page no matter what I try. I have spent the best part of  the last 12 hours trying to resolve this to no avail. I have no plugins installed as this is a completely fresh install. Media Encoder as well as Premier are also hanging on the splash page however the splash page is completely blank unlike After Effects which shows it is stuck on Initializing media core. 

After launching after effects, task manager shows it is non responsive after a few seconds. There is one (sometimes 2) other process called ' Adobe DVA 2022'. Although when right clicking -> open file location on Adobe DVA 2022 process, one shows dynamiclinkmanager.exe while the other shows crashpad_handler.exe even though the process is titled Adobe DVA 2022 in task manager.

Screenshot 2022-04-06 234418.jpg

I have left After effects hanging on the splash page for up to an hour and nothing happens - no crash logs are created. Apps such as illustrator and XD are working fine.

I am using a custom built PC running Windows 11 64bit Home build 22000.593 - Here is the system information:Screenshot 2022-04-06 232919.jpg

Here is what I've tried based on other support threads:
- Updated all graphics, processor and audio drivers
- Disabled integrated graphics in BIOS
- Checked windows for updates
- Updated Windows Visual Studio C++ Redistributable files
- An assortment of suggestions to delete specific adobe files
- Uninstalling all Adobe apps and creative cloud desktop app, running adobe CC Cleaner tool, reboot, reinstall CC and apps multiple times.
- Clearing preferences / media cache
- Installing a few older builds (cant remember which ones specifically now)

- Enabling windows 8 compatability on AfterFX.exe

- Running as administrator

- Running gpusniffer.exe (it automatically terminates, I assume this is good?)

It's extremely important and urgent that I get access to these programs. Is there anything else I can try?

Please help.

TOPICS
Crash , Dynamic link , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to add above, I have also tried
- Disabling windows firewall
- Turning off real-time protection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

Sorry for the crash.

Looks like it's the third-party plug-ins that are causing the issue. Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore and move all the files and folders (except dummy.txt) to a different location. Everything inside the MediaCore folder is related to third-party plug-ins.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response Nishu.

Unfortunately I have tried that before. Since posting this I've had 2 remote support sessions with the Adobe team and we're still unable to resolve the issue so it seems the cause is something a little more nebulous.

Hoping to get it resolved asap. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just putting this here in case it can help someone. I had the same issue as above and fixed it by deleting all the files except dummy.txt that were inside the MediaCore folder. I then renamed the "MediCore" folder to "MediaCoreOld" and that fixed the issue for me. I'm using After Effects v23.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines