Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe after effects video with 3D model

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dosing Video 

Could someone tell me what software was probably used to create this video above? Can something similar be done with Adobe after effects? Is it possible to develop a model in autocad or solidworks then animate in after effects or one of the adobe packages?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to link the video directly, not a search. It's impossible to figure out which video you even mean. That aside: No, AE is not a 3D program and you seem to seriously underestimate the work that goes into converting a CAD-based model into animatable 3D data. I've done this for decades. That being the case, the answer to all your questions most likely is "No", as converting CAD data would involve a full 3D program (explicitly not the C4D Lite bundled with AE) and then it becomes a matter of "Why even bother to make things even more complicated?" You'd simply animate your stuff in the 3D program and only use AE for additional compositing. Anyway, impossible to provide a definitive answer, so by all means give us a direct link to the video.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can see the desire to bring this into After Effects, especially if you plan to add labels or pointers to highlight areas.  Depending on the CAD software, you should be able to export as something 'universal' like OBJ and import that into either C4D Lite or for my preference Element 3D.  Element is a 3rd party plug-in for AE, but you'd be able to texture the obj, move it around and it will generate 3D null's for you to link text too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines