• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Encoder exporting colored bars

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I export my video it just exports colored bars even though when I scrub through the .mov file in AE 2020 it scrubs fine. What am I doing wrong... See colored bars at bottom, note no audio comes through either when I try and play the file in the rendered version. I've also tried the YouTube Format with no success.... all footage shot on an iphone 

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 10.56.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-26 at 10.55.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 10.56.55 PM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have moved, renamed, or deleted the source files. Open After Effects and make sure that the links to the source files are still good. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, so when I go to export the media all files need to be in the same folder including the exported file? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not move the source files. You can render to any location that has enough dis space, but you cannot move the source files before you render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I am facing this problem aswell.  How did you fix it.  How did you solve this problem?  It's really annoying since it was working perfectly before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it paly correctly inside after effects before exporting to media encoder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put all the files in the same folder
--
Best Regards,

Tim 

(PII removed by moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My files are in the same folder, never moved. what should i do? The preview in after effects is perfectly fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When rendering, all source files must stay at their original places, where you've imported they from. Otherwice, encoder can't find them and generates these color bars.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this workaround:

quick After effects and Media encoder ,

then create a new comp place the video and render it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem... Tried to remove everything and place them together... still get this weird result. Note: I never moved any file

problem.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After spending hours trying to solve this issue, I realized that all my source files was being saved on a OneDrive folder, which was having cloud uploading issues. I simply moved all my files (even the AE file) to a root folder like "Documents" and linked the footages again.  Worked flawlessly 🙆🏽‍:male_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing worked for me pls help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved this! I'm on a Mac, at some point I must have denied After Effects access to my downloads folder (where my files were located), after allowing access it's working again!

To check if after effects and media encoder have access, go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Files and Folders

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 1.51.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 1.47.01 AM.png

  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much that's work perfectly for mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, it worked 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This did the trick for me, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the files may be corrupt. It happened to me. I just changed it and everything exported fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines