Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advise on creating the Logitech MX effect

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I would love some direction or guidance in creating the MX text that appears on the Logitech commercial that I have linked below [between 0:04 - 0:08]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDLKTUWVDbk

Can it be done in After Effects? Or do I need to compliment it with other software?

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

I think this was most likely done with something like C4D's MoGraph deformers to create a jumble of shapes changing scale, position and colour using an Random effect.  

Arranging them into the letter's space is a little trickier.  You can use the Text spline primitive to create the text and an Extrude emitter to give it solidity.

Finally, you can place both the mograph objects and the Text object into a Bool, setting the option for Intersect.

text cubes.png

There'd be a lot of manual placing and keyframe anim

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this was most likely done with something like C4D's MoGraph deformers to create a jumble of shapes changing scale, position and colour using an Random effect.  

Arranging them into the letter's space is a little trickier.  You can use the Text spline primitive to create the text and an Extrude emitter to give it solidity.

Finally, you can place both the mograph objects and the Text object into a Bool, setting the option for Intersect.

text cubes.png

There'd be a lot of manual placing and keyframe animation (I think), but you can achieve all that with AE's included C4D Lite, just not directly in AE itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines