• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 2020 crash when using a boris fx (mac)

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D9E09C1C-2489-4482-B128-0D2F00D7470C.jpeg

 hello, so i have a bcc plugin and everytime i try and use some of their effects, my ae crashes and i cannot open that same file. that is one of the errors i got, and the other error message was this:

- Last log message was: <123145321713664> <GPUFoundation> <4> FindModule name:Memory,count:8,status:found,framework:Metal,i ndex:0

does somebody know a fix to this? everytime i use an effect in the boris fx (bcc) plugin it keeps crashing 😞

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a couple of things:

1.- Be sure you are using the latest version of Boris plugins compatible with your OS and AE version

2.- Deactivate hardware acceleration for effects under File > Project Settings > Video rendereing and Effects. Choose Mercury software only and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm okay so

1. im using the 13.0.1.4 for my ae 2020 and my other friends use it too for their macs and its worked for them, i dont know why it doesnt work for mine 😔

2. just tried it and when i put an effect on it (bcc scanlines for now to be specific), it crashes again and shows me this error:

- Last log message was: <123145321713664> <GPUFoundation> <4> FindModule name:Memory,count:8,status:found,framework:Metal,i ndex:0

nothing has worked , could it be the problem with my GPU? it's weird because my friends use mac too  and if so, how do i come to fix that? 😔🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the error is related to Metal graphic acceleration. Not all macs use the same graphic cards.

What BCC version are you using?? You can check your applications folder, where you can find a Boris Continuum Complete folder. Inside, you will find a Check for updates application.  Run to let the app check that you are using the latest version for your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i clicked the check for updates and it says the version of 13.02 is available and that i am currently running the 13.0.1 . should i install this newer one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, install it. Maybe it will solve your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any other possible solutions? For me, I originally had 12.5 (I think) and the next version available was 12.52. So, I updated to 12.52, but it still crashes and gives me an error. The only other thing I can think of is updating my mac (which I'm doing right now) but just in case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its very weird though, its only an update by a little.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Unfortunately I have the same problem too, my after effects (2020 and i use mac) takes hours to render 284 frames and almost always crashes wether it's rendering or prewieving. So I was wondering if your issue is solved by now. Was updating it enough or are there anything else I need to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you use the old version of BCC, you turn off the option of "Enable Multi-Frame Rendering" (Preferences > Memory & Performance > Performance) in After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines