AE 2021 and 2022 freeze when using script

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both while using v18.4.1 and v22.0.1, I've been experiencing freezes (no crash report window appears, and I need to kill the process through the task manager).

Those happen randomly when using a function of some scripts. So far it's happened with Rift and with Motion 3. Those are not issued by the same developer.

"Allow scripts to write files and access network" is enabled for both versions of AE.

Oddly enough, I've started experiencing other issues recently, but which I assume to be non-related: The 23:40 error (unsufficient memory) and GPU issues that seem to be related to the use of Element 3D in large comps.

My build:

Windows 10 21H1 (19043.1348)

i9-9900K

512Go NVMe

512Go SSD

64Go Ram

RTX 2060 Super

Any suggestion or idea would be appreciated 🙂

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to purge your memory also clean your disc and database from preferences

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already tried all those, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, my situation hasn't changed for months. Updating AE does not help. It stops me from using scripts that are important to my workflow. I don't even know how I can contact Adobe other than here. I've been through the typical troubleshooting of both AE and the said scripts. Without Rift and Motion 3, doing motion design is a pain. What am I supposed to do?

PLEASE can anyone give me any pointer?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have a pointer, but I'm experiencing the same problem. I use a script that I wrote myself which automates a lot of stuff. It worked perfectly in AE 2020, and still works. I freshly installed AE 2022 and it freezes when I try to run script.

My guess is that Adobe changed something in AE 2022 related to scripts so some scripts don't work anymore. Also I noticed there is no more script editor avalilable in File menu. Likely to happen they messed something up when they decided to remove editor.

Stick to old working versions as long as you can, thats my only solution so far.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines