• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 2022.5 causes system crashes for even simple effects

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update 2022.5 is unstable and consistantly causes system crashes for even the simplest of effects. Build 2022.4 did not do this.

My specs:

Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2  OS build 19044.1766

GPU AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series Primary/Discrete

CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 8 Cores

Mother board MSI  MPG 2390 Gaming Carbon

128 GB RAM

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the community and sorry for your issue.

Would you mind sharing more details on what's happening? Is there anything specific that triggers the issue? Any error message or crash report that you can share?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to happen randomly.

Color effects, expressions, distortion effects on a single solid layer, even moving the CTI is enough to trigger it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get the BSOD? If so, is there any error message? Please try the following suggestions:

1. Update your GPU driver and test.
  2. Clear media cache: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-to-clean-delete-or-trash-media-cach... 
  3. Reset preferences: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after... 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope I do not get the BSOD simply goes black and restarts instantly. No error report generated that I can find.

Cache  is cleared regularly. So not the issue.

All drivers and OS are up to date prior to this happening, including Bios, CPU, GPU. 

GPU has been tested

Only change has been updating to 22.5. 

I have just now reset the Preferences file, it is doubtful this is the issue, however, with this software anything is possible. I will let you know one way or another if the problem persists.  Going to test AE Now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't done extensive compositing in AE with 2022.4 and 2022.5, but they both crash on exit. I guess if it's going to crash, that's the best time to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines