Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 2022 keeps crashing on startup // Win 11

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

my AE 2022 keeps crashing when trying to start the program.
ae.png I do not get any further than this. My AE 2020 is starting without any problems - but switching to an old version can't be the solution for this?

I tried everything from checking my graphics driver to reinstalling. Nothing seems to fix this problem.

I also get hundreds of crash files everytime I start AE 2022 (I uploaded one to workupload since it cant be attached to this post, Link to one of my Crash Files ).

My log folder on the other hand is completly empty (-> AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\22.5\logs).

ae crash.png

It's driving me nuts. I pay a lot of money every month and I am  not able to use a working AE version since 2020... It's one of my most used programs and I am forced to use an old version....

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , FAQ , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT:
Maybe it's useful to know that I am running a Ryzen 9 5900X CPU and a Radeon RX 5700 XT GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marc5F97,

Sorry for your issue and thanks for sharing the details.

Looks like After Effects crashing while trying to load a third-party plug-in. To remove the plug-ins, go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore and remove all the files and folders (except dummy.txt). The logs that you're seeing on your desktop are usually created by third-party plug-ins when they crash.

Let us know if it fixes the problem.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having a silimar issue with After Effects 22 crashing on startup my own build (Ryzen 7 2700X CPU and Radeon RX 5700 XT GPU), but I don't have any third-party plug-ins installed to cause After Effects to crash. I didn't have this issue before updating to Windows 11...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines