• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 2022 replaying the same few frames rapidly instead of entire comp

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to play my comp, the time indicator gets stuck repeating the same 4 frames, rapidly. No matter where in the comp I put the time indicator and press play, this happens. About once in 20 times, it'll play half the comp then get stuck again. I haven't found any answers by googling it, or by restarting my laptop.

Screenshot of my workspace below.

Screenshot 2022-07-08 at 12.34.27.png

Specs:

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)

2.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 555X 4 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amy5EF5,

What's the exact version of After Effects you're using? Go to After Effects Preferences > Memory & Performance and decrease reserved RAM for other apps.

Let us know if it brings any change.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm using version 22.5.0 (Build 53). This worked, but only for a day, and now it's back doing the same thing (even if I increase the reserved RAM and then decrease it again. I've attached a screenshot of the time indicator – when I'm trying to play back, the (blue) time indicator doesn't actually move, it's just this red line going back and forth over the green section over and over again. Does that help?timeline-01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to change the preview settings to half or quarter, sometimes even a basic animation take lot of memory, also try to delete the disk cache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tips, but I had already tried both and it didn't make a difference 😕 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines