• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ae 21 vs Ae 22 Huh?

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seriously doubt this has anything to do with the computer but it's a Windows 10 pro (21H2) with 32gb RAM, Nvidia GTX1070 8gb RAM.

Today I created a layered .psd in PS 22, with the intent of importing to After Effects so I can animate the layers, done it many, many times. Photoshop's abilities are not up to what I needed to do.

As, all of a sudden, AE 22 has been opening up without crashing/stalling, I thought I'll use the latest and greatest AE version to animate the psd. FAIL!

AE 22 opened and I selected "New Project", Import file, navigate to the .psd after waiting about five minutes I noticed the program was "Not Responding". I tried again. Here I will admit the first attempt was with PRpro open, so I closed PRpro before trying again.

Same result.

GRRRRRR

Ok, I said, let's try AE 21 nothing else changed.  PRpro was still closed.

AHA! New project, import file... the .psd was imported and a new composition with attendant layers was created!

So the question is, what is the point of releasing new versions...

BTW I ran the updates a couple of days ago, which seemed to solve the previous problem of both versions not even starting unless run under the Admin account.

...if  the simple task of importing a 21mb .psd cannot be accomplished by the latest and greatest, yet the same exact file can be imported in the previous version? 

This is a prime example of why it is important to NOT remove the previous version when updating to the latest, something that has been mentioned here (in this forum) more times than I care to count.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the details post and sorry for your issue.

I understand that you just installed the new version. Please try the following steps as basic maintenance:

Clear media cache: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-to-clean-delete-or-trash-media-cach... 

Reset the preferences: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after... 

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines