Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 22.4 causes various blue screens while editing

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. 

I've encountered a problem and don't know how to fix this. While editing in full quality AE causes various blue screen referred all to an problem with kernel power. It only appears in projects with animated texts and 4k content and previewing it in the project panel in full quality. PC don't overheat and uses not all resources. Temperature constant, but the fan goes wild when pre-rendering. 

Can I get around this or is this just because it's to much for my computer?

Specs:

I7 with 3,9Ghz

Nvidia GeForce rtx2090

32GB RAM

Win 10

All drivers are up to date. I also reset my system but it didn't help. I read that Intel turbo boost 3.0 could cause this but I don't find this feature in the bios.

Thanks a lot for helping. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with 5900x & 3090. Had about 20 BSODs today, and now lost my project completely after the latest crash.

I'd avoid this version at all costs, or at least autosave every 5 mins at the minimum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexander,

Welcome to the community and sorry for your issue.

What's the error message that you see on the blue screen? An outdated GPU driver could cause this issue. What's the version of the GPU driver that's installed. If you're using the Game Ready driver, try using the Studio driver.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer.

GPU is up to date. Blue screen message varies between clock_watchdog_timeout, irql_not_less_or_equal and other.

I will try the studio driver, but is it recommended to switch drivers often because I use this computer also for gaming? Is this really a big difference between game ready and studio? On Nvidia site after effects is not listed as an app that profits from it. But I will try it out and let you know.

Is it better to precompose stuff, export it and add it as a movie file to the main composition? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've got Ryzen 7 5800x and recently I've faced the same problem while working in AE. It happens very randomly and mostly when I try to open a window (for example Chrome, Notepad, etc.) while AE is on screen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines