• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 22.5 (build 53) Unstable Crashes System , No Effects Applied

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having issue with 22.5 (build53) ever since it came out.  Crashes system unexpectedly.  Computer just goes blank and restarts. I have only had the blue screen once in the past month.  With a vague reference to IRQL Less not Equal. This error is possibly in reference to a non up to date driver. However all drivers including bios are up to date and win10 OS is also currently up to date. Crash only happens when using AE.  Latest crash repeatably caused by moving a 3d text layer while 3d render in comp is set to C4d render.  Note: there are only 2, 3d text layers in comp and no effects applied.

System Specs:

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎10/‎28/‎2021
OS build 19044.1806
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

CPU
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 128 GB

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen support

GPU
AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series
Primary/Discrete

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

UPDATE.... I finally after months of crashing and black screen only I got a BSOD error readding Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap. Searching for that term lead to an easy Win10 OS system fix. So far it has not crashed for the past 3 days after fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest fix is to open the Creative Cloud app, navigate to apps, find After Effects, click on the ...  just to the right of the Open button and click on Other Versions. Roll back to a version that was working on your machine. 

Then wait for the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I suspected AE2021 here I come.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steven,

Welcome to the community and sorry for your issue.

Outdated GPU drivers could cause such issues. Please make sure that the drivers of both the GPUs (AMD and Intel) are updated.

Do not rely on Windows to update the driver. I'd suggest updating them manually. Here's how you can verify the version of the installed GPU driver: https://support.viewsonic.com/en/support/solutions/articles/33000221571-how-to-check-graphics-card-d...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All drivers were from device manufacturers and latest versions.  CPU GPU and BIOS all updated prior to latest update.  Problem has been on going since 2022 release.  Just tried installing  AE 26 Beta and while I did get much farther along in the project it also is now freezing and crashing.  No appearant reason.  Once crashed trying to move a 3d text layer, once adding a bevel in the 3d text layer extrusion options and once trying to create RAM Preview.  Really was to bad as I was almost complete with the text animation. Looks like I will have to resort to AE 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm having similar issues on a macbook pro M1max ever since I updated to 22.5. The software crashes, rendering is inconsistent. Any suggestions for mac users?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea on a mac.  I found the issue on my PC as I finally got a BSOD error readding Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap.  Searching for that term lead to an easy OS system fix.  So far it has not crashed since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE.... I finally after months of crashing and black screen only I got a BSOD error readding Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap. Searching for that term lead to an easy Win10 OS system fix. So far it has not crashed for the past 3 days after fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines