• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE and AME uses 100% CPU rather than GPU

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I want to be enlightened by this one as I'm still learning.

Recently, I bought a laptop with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 AMD Ryzen™ 7 5800H Processor (3.20 GHz, up to 4.40 GHz Max Boost, 8 Cores, 16 Threads, 16 MB Cache) 32 GB Memory

Yesterday I downloaded the latest NVIDIA version as well as the CC apps, mainly using the AE and AME.

I noticed after opening the AE, without even doing anything, the CPU is on full blown 100% usage. And I tested a 15 second 4k mp4 video and it only gave me a green screen with the AE 2023 version. I downgraded to a later version of NVIDIA, AE and AME 2022, the video is fine. Though I noticed the same issue while just having the AE opened, without having any work at all, the CPU is going up to 100% and if i test a small 4k video to render, it only renders using the CPU.

I made sure the setting is ticked to enable the hardware accelerated decoding and restart each time.

Can anyone give some advise and educate me please? Much appreciated.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turn off multiframe rendering, check your hardware acceleration settings and hardware accelerated footage decoding. That said, apps going in full throttle without any workload typically means driver issues, so check your device manager and your Windows Update.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines