Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

AE becomes unresponsive

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have just got a new laptop: 1TB space, 40GB RAM

I find that AE starts fine but after a few min it becomes completely unresponsive. I cannot even move a simple shape on a layer.

Please if anyone can help me with this it would be much appreciated.

TOPICS
Crash, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share with us your laptop specs? OS, Graphic card, etc.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

Sorry for your issue. Please share the following details so that we can troubleshoot the issue properly:

In the meantime, try clearing the cache and resetting the preferences.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without exact specifications and ideally the system crash info nobody can tell you much. On a hunch it sounds like those ever same, boring GPU-related issues, though, where it simply freezes because the graphics card gets clogged up and no longer flushes the buffers and updates. All that being the case the standard thing to do would be to update the graphics driver and check its configuration as well as going through the relevant AE hardware acceleration options. Similar issues could occur for audio devices, so that may be worth a look as well.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines