• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE CC 2017/AME Error - Could not read from the source. Please check if it has moved or been deleted.

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time i try render my AE Composition inside of Media Encoder I get this error.

I Have tried restarting and updating my After effects and also tried what this youtube video said Adobe Media Encoder CC 2015.3 Failed - Could not read from the source - YouTube but none have worked.

I am using a Mac OS X El Captain (2.8ghz Intel I5, 8GB Ram)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without knowing anything about your comps, the actual sources used, where they are stored and so on, nobody can tell you much. Pointing to someone else's video and saying "I've tried everything." isn't realyl telling us anything.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

> I get this error.

Would you mention the error message in detail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi roan o,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still having this issue. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

Just thought it would be nice to share my solution after having the same problem,

Okay, so I was also experiencing the "Could not read from the source. Please check if it has moved or been deleted."

I went back to after effects CC and removed the drop shadow i applied on some pictures and some effects 3d transitions.

then it exported just fine, when i put back those effects it fails the export again.

Good luck

S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey.

I had the same error trying to import green screen footage of smoke or whatever and then applied the hue & sat effect.

After I removed the effect, the file was sent to ME and it worked flawlessly.

Keep creating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting, Mackovac!

Here is an article for more info: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/unable-to-render-export-after-effects-comps-through-med...

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue and the problem was an old plugin that was used on a comp that i was not sending it to the media encoder but somehow was affecting the composition that i wanted to render. So i would advice for anyone that is having this issue to try on a different machine for example, with no plugins to see if this happen. In my case it is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's correct, micaeld41363651

We're investigating an issue with After Effects 17.0.6 and AME 14.1: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/unable-to-render-export-after-effects-comps-through-med... 

-Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same error, I'm using a lot of green screen footage in my composition. Has this been resolved yet??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi aashish-ak,

Are you using After Effects 2017 or After Effects 2020?

Let us know.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rameez I'm using after effects 2020 and I think Media encoder 2020 also. I also get this "could not read from source. Please check if it has been deleted or moved" message. So basically to get rid of this I would need to downgrade after effects and media encoder? If so can you tell me the steps to downgrade my applications thank you. Also if I do downgrade eng after effects would my projects still be saved? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sh6dow,

You can either roll back to After Effects 17.0.5 and Adobe Media Encoder 14.0.4 or install the beta version of the next version of After Effects. Here is how you can reinstall a previous version of After Effects:

Ae reinstall.gif

Let me know if you need help with installing the beta version.

Yes, you will be able to open your projects in After Effects 17.0.5.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem this morning using AME version 15.4 build 42. It worked once, but for the last four exports from AE (also dragging in a .mov file), I'm getting this error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jacksneogen,

What's your After Effects version and build number? If you have updated to After effects 17.4.1, make sure to update Media Encoder to version 15.4.1.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks. I'm using AE 18.0.0 build 39. After closing media encoder and reopening, the issue's gone away. Hopefully for good. :>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines