Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE CRASH "Linear Color Key"

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Community,

I used the Linear Key Color plugin on a layer, and now my file won't open. It crashes all the time. I already uninstall than again install the After Effects but still doesn't work. Crash appears only one project and that project is very important, I need to save the file please help me.

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

What I've done is to move the Linear Color Key filter that is placed in the After Effects plugin folder. This way I can open the project and delete all linear color key filter instances. Then move again the filter to their original location and the project opens without any problem. What you need to do is to add again the linear color key but if this filter is creating problems for your try any other keyer like color range or keylight. Linked you will find a version of your project without the l

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the file with capslock enabled to suppress rendering and remove the effect. Apparently it's busted.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already tried it but it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to share the project with us so maybe we can try to open the project and save it as a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, how can I share with you can you help me? I can't upload here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can upload to a dropbox or use wetransfer (via link) to share with us. The copy annd paste the link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I've done is to move the Linear Color Key filter that is placed in the After Effects plugin folder. This way I can open the project and delete all linear color key filter instances. Then move again the filter to their original location and the project opens without any problem. What you need to do is to add again the linear color key but if this filter is creating problems for your try any other keyer like color range or keylight. Linked you will find a version of your project without the linear color key effects applied.

https://we.tl/t-PptBQDhG6r

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I know this is already answered but I think I've stumbled on a different solution.

I was getting crashes on my AE project and I was getting a Linear Color Key error message when trying to re-open the project.

My original project was in AE 2020.

I had AE Beta version also installed on my machine and managed to open the project in this version with no need to remove the Linear CK plugin.

I have removed the Linear Color key effects from the project, following Jose's advice,  as an extra precaution.  I can achieve a similar result with different method e.g. I'll key out what I want from a still graphic in Photoshop to reduce the need for key effect in AE.

project.

Hope that is useful to someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines