• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE Crashes When I try to import PSD file

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't matter whether I choose compostion, footage, or composition - retain layer sizes(my preference). Merger layers or editable layers... nothing works.

I click OK and AE crashes.

PSD color space is RGB 

Any ideas?

- thanks

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And how much resolution is it? Your file may have too much, give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dropped it down significantly but it still crashes AE.

Thanks though, I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resaving your psd file in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that, no dice.

Thanks though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you can share your PSD file may we can test it, also try you can give us more info about your PSD file,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for your issue.

Is it crashing with a particular PSD or any PSD file that you try to import? Also, please check if After Effects is generating any crash logs. Here's how: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-after-effects-crash-logs-on-your-comput...

As suggested by OussK, it'll help if you could share the PSD file.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you find a fix for this? I'm having a similar issue on one PC. The crash happens when I want to import with 'retain layer sizes'. Other options work, 'footage' and 'composition'. But the retain option makes AE hang on the import dialog forever, not responding.
The problem does not however occur on my other machine. The only difference between them is that the other one is AMD and the problematic one is Nvidia. Both have latest software and drivers.
Haven't always had this issue though. Only this year or the last too, maybe. Didn't try rolling the PC back to a couple of years old state, so can't tell if this is a mismatch between the current OS, GPU and Adobe quirks or something else mysterious in the PC.
Ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines