• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE crashes when importing a composition with an AEGP folder in the plug ins folder.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's nessasary to have the State Sets 3DS Max plug in a AEGP file in the AE plug ins folder to use State Sets with 3#ds Max. Unfortunatly, the AEGP folder causes AE to crash when importing a Photoshop composition. (single layer import works fine)

Anyone have a fix other than removing the AEGP file?

Thanks,

Chris

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your description is at best confusing and probably doesn't make a lot of sense to anyone not using MAX. That and of course you have not provided any specific info about your system, the versions being used, crash info etc.. There's a good chance you may simply need a different version of the plug-in that is compatible with your version of AE, but without any actual info nobody can tell you much.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium, Iv'e read tips from you for what seems like twenty years. I have the much respect for your knowlege.

Here is more info :

AE version 22.3.0 (build 107) (the issue has been happening for about the last two years of AE updates)
Windows 10, Nvidia Quadro RTX 5000, Driver: Nvidia 3/17/22 version 30.0.15.1215

This happens with any photoshop file imported as a composition every time any way imported.
I'm putting the AEGP file in the AE plug ins folder as the documentation describes to do. (nothing new, been doing this since State Sets creation).
AE freezes and has to be quit through the Task Manager.
Any help is much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the plug-in actually compatible? It seems Autodesk are terribly slow with updating these plug-ins. Also have you opened the PSDS in PS and re-saved them to test? there may be simply some weird mumbo-jumbo in the files like unused groups or custom channels.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its been an issue for the last two years. I can import any photoshop single layer with no issue. Any full composition import lockes AE up. If I remove the AEGP file containing the Autodesk.Plugins.Adobe.AfterFX.SceneIO.Loader file then all works fine. I import more compositions than transfer camera data to AE from Max so I generally work with the AEGP folder removed but was hoping there was a fix. I wish Autodesk would be as motion designer friendly as C4D has been. I feel like a bit of a dinosaur sticking with Max for this kind of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines