Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE crashes when resizing or maximizing window

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Starting about a week ago, AE consistently crashes any time I try to maximize the window or even slightly resize the window. I was using CC 2019 16.01, and I figured there was a bug with the newest version of AE, so I uninstalled and reinstalled 15.12 (which I had been using for months without issue). Same problem. So I did some Googling and saw someone had the same problem a couple years ago and was able to find a fix by going back to version 2015 13.5, so I uninstalled 15.12 and installed 13.5. Same problem.

Here are my computer specs:

Processor: Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40 GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 cores

RAM: 16.0 GB

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 530

Adapter RAM: 1.00 GB (Sorry, I don't really know what this means, but it sounded important enough to include)

Every time it crashes, it gives me a slightly different error code. I tried it three times just now and got the following:

1.) Last logged message was <220> ae.biltpipe.<2> Making new context

2.) last logged message was <6216> ae.biltpipe. <2> Making new context

3.) Last logged message was <4016> ae.biltpipe <2> Making new context

Not sure if I'm missing any other important details, but hopefully this is enough to point me in the right direction.

One last thing -- I am a HS teacher and I have AE running on 25 student computers + my computer. We all have identical machines, and I'm 99% certain that we all have the same build of Windows. This is not happening on anyone else's computer except for mine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just started to expereince a similar issue with some specific nuances:

• When AE is not open and I double-click an .aep file, AE opens without issue. I can resize and maximize the window without issue.
  • When AE is open and I use File > Open to open an .aep file, AE opens without issue. I can resize and maximize the window without issue.
  • However, when AE is open and the UI is maximized and I double-click an .aep to open it, AE opens the file, the UI is restored down (i.e not maximized). If I click Maximize, AE crashes.

I'm on Windows 10, AE version 22.5. This happens with every .aep file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem. Bey Resizing complete PC freeze and then black screen and crash. The bug is in the last versions also. Very frustating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines