Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE Crashing with new CPU

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded my CPU from AMD2700x to AMD 5950x

Now AE is crashing when I use it - nothing else is crashing everything else is working fine.

Windows 10
Motherboard: MSI PERFORMANCE GAMING X470 GAMING PLUS AM4 AMD X470
64 GB RAM

GTX 2080 Super

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling AE. I'm about to just completely remove all Adobe apps and reinstall windows and then a fresh install of Adobe. 

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Reinstalling Windows did not help.

But my computer crashed outside of Adobe which led me to thinking it wasn't a software issues (thankfully) and it was more likely a hardware issue.

I went back to do some more research on this Bios update from AMD and they said that it's a beta version. 

Long story short, I bought a new motherboard and everything is working perfectly! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neighbor_,

Thanks for reaching out.

Did reinstalling the Windows help? If not, what happens when you try to launch After Effects? Do you see any error message or crash report?

You could try the suggestions mentioned in the following article: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-fix-common-after-effects-crashes/td-p/106841...

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalling Windows did not help.

But my computer crashed outside of Adobe which led me to thinking it wasn't a software issues (thankfully) and it was more likely a hardware issue.

I went back to do some more research on this Bios update from AMD and they said that it's a beta version. 

Long story short, I bought a new motherboard and everything is working perfectly! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for updating the thread, Neighbor_.

Feel free to reach out if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much better is that cpu? This is my next upgrade to a 5900x and just seeing how much your performance jumped in AE and PR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So far it's been way better! I haven't tackled any huge projects with the new CPU at work yet but I noticed roto'ing is SO much faster now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines