Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE extremely slow render/export times

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I am trying to export a template of youtube intro video at 60 fps 4k  resolution, but  the process takes over 3 hours for a video which is 10 seconds long. I looked over the AE settings, unfortunately nothing seems to affect the export time. I also noticed that previewing the project is taking enourmous amount of time. CPU usage never  exceeds 60% during rendering/exporting. Lastly I get the error on the screenshot which I am not able to solve. Where can I find more information of what could be causing it.

PC specs:
i9-10900k

1080ti

32gb ram

1TB ssd

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as rendering times go you just have to get used to it. No offense, but this seems once more a case where you as a newbie seem to have a completely wrong understanding of what AE is for and how it works and in turn have wrong expectations. That and of course even a 10 seconds project can be infinitely complex, requiring many seconds or even hours of rendering per frame. The rest is simple math: Even 5 seconds render time per frame will accumulate to at least an hour of rendering in your example. And clearly there is something heavy going on if one of the effects is throwing a memory error, but since you have not offered any info on the project contents, screenshots or a link to the original download we cannot advise on how to optimiize render speeds and fix these problems.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please find below the link to the preview of the template. Since it is a paid content, I am not sure if I could share the project with you. As you said I am a novice when it comes down to AE, but I thought the template was fairly simple, not too many assets, animations etc. What information can I share in order to be able to give an advice?

https://motionarray.com/after-effects-templates/cyber-data-glitch-logo-257491/
Project files are on the screenshot below.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The result may look simple, but the sources certainly are not. Your screenshot only confirms what the preview on the sales page leads to suspect. This is quite a massive project already with several potential culprits that may cause the slow rendering and ultimately also the error such as possibly the motion tile effect being used to create the fake star background and the various displacement effects used to create the chopped-up look of the glitch also not being easy on rendering since most of this stuff will in fact require to be considerably larger than the 4k comp itself as to not produce gaps at the edges. The first thing to do therefore would have to be to dig into the various sub-compositions and see if parameters can be dialled down, layers replaced with smaller versions or even the entire composiotion downsized. since clearly sharing commercial projects would be inappropriate indeed you will have to provide more screenshots and details if you get stuck on specific problems.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines