• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE Graphics Card not being used?

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My playback in AE is beyond painful, I can't for the life of my understand why though. Can anyone give me a hint why I'm getting 1 frame per second when my setup is decent? All specs etc in the picture below!2021-04-11_7-25-31.png

It feels like the software isn't even like requesting more resources from the computer. The little message says it's playing from RAM and my RAM doesn't even seem to be doing anything. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info about the contents of the project and other details nobody can tell you much. You could simply be using an effect that messes up things and prevents GPU usage. The rest are just the usual issues with graphics drivers and configuration, which, annoying as it may be, nobody can take off your shoulders. You have to spend soem time and try to figure out which drivers and what settings may overcome the problem, especialyl with those RTX cards that due to their differences in architecture are rather delicate for mundane tasks like OpenGL and general Windows UI acceleration functions.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you letting it cache first?  AE stinks at playing back in real time.  You need to let the cache (green bar fill up) before it will playback in anything close to real time.  Also depends on how graphically demanding your composition is.  For best results you should have a dedicated SSD drive as your cache.  Also in the settings you want to allocate enough RAM for AE but not too much.  Apparently 75% is a recommended ratio assuming that leaves enough free for vital system processes.  So if you hav 32 gigs you should allocate 24 to AE.  If your composition is very demanding graphically you could reduce the preview res to half or even a quarter just while checking your timing and whatever.  

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines