• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE Lights: Radius and Falloff Distanc not working

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been pretty puzzeled as to what the radius and falloff distance options do.

I'd imagine it adjust the size and distance of your light; however, when I play with these options, nothing seems to happen. 

Here are two pictures of the spot and point light with different radius and falloff distance settings and they still look the same. My "fast preview" is set to Off (Final Quality) so I can't imagine it's an issue there.

AE Spot Light_001.JPG

AE Spot Light_002.JPG

  

AE Point Light 001.JPG

AE Point Light 002.JPG

  

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

How are you creating that geometry? It doesn't look like flat 3-D layers. Everything is working fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you creating that geometry? It doesn't look like flat 3-D layers. Everything is working fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a plugin called Element 3D. It works when I use 3D After Effects geometry. Maybe it just doesn't work with E3D.

I am still trying to figure out what Falloff Distance does though. It seems like at 0 or 10,000 nothing changes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey bro did you find any solution for this issue i am dealing with this same issue light falloff and radius not working just for element 3d bcoz i tried it on simple 3d text layers its working fine but not working on element 3d can you plz tell me the solution if you got it...!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Element 3D you can go down to Render Settings> Lighting> Light Falloff. There is this option to adjust the overall lighting. I don't think I found a way to adjust an individual light. If this doesn't help you can reach out to Video CoPilot at info@videocopilot.net or check their Help Guide at https://www.videocopilot.net/docs/element/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you gone through the tutorials on the Video Copilot website for Element 3D? You have to set up the rendering and the camera before they interact with AE's comp camera. I don't have time to generate screenshots for you right now but the workflow is fully covered in the tutorials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines