Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

AE Playing But Nothing Happens

New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll press space and the cursor will move and audio will play, but nothing else will happen. It won't update what I'm seeing - for example, I can create a solid layer and will show up in the timeline, but I won't be able to see it on camera. 

TOPICS
Audio, Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Nothing will play anymore even at 1/4 quality. Rendering is not going so well either. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We need a lot more details. If your system meets the Adobe After Effects -Minimum System Requirements, and your comp is fairly straightforward, you should have no problem previewing a few seconds of an HD comp. Without some details, you might as well have asked "Why is watermelon?" 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines