Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE projects missing after using Geolayers

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I was using after effects and the extension Geolayers. Geolayers wasn't working, so I decided to reboot my computer, as it sometimes helps. When I opened AE again, all of my previous files, including the one I worked on, were gone.

I searched for them all over my computer but couldn't find them. 

I tried making a new AE project, but it disappeared when I closed and reopened AE. Then I noticed that my computer was saving my AE files in a really weird folder that I hadn't seen before. It's called something like "extension/com.markusbergelt.geolayers3/support_files/(the AE project's name)"

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated as I have had no success in finding my files, and it is a lot of hours of work that has gone missing.  

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure what you expect us to tell you. You have not provided any real system info and the crahses are caused by a third-party software which nobody here has any control over. That and of course we can't know what is eating up your files. It sure isn't AE itself, bar the occasional botched and unusable project file. Based on your description it is more likley that due to the "bad" behavior of your script soem security stuff decided that suddenly AEPs would be evil and has removed/ quarantined/ hidden them. Aside from that of course you should have tons of copies, incremental versions and backups somewhere if the work is that critical to you. anyway, without even a hint of specific information we really can't tell you much.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines