Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE running incredibly slow on Mac Studio M1 Ultra

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I recently purchased the top of the line Mac Studio M1 Ultra (128 GB RAM) and AE was running fantastic. However, quite recently it's just slowed down worse than it's been in years – I'm talking about working with comps, layers etc, not the render or preview. Also, trying to access the AE preferences crashes it. I deleted the prefs yesterday and that fixed the AE preferences crash but not the speed, and as of this morning AE crashes again when I access the preferences. 

I'm running v 23.1. My project is an external SSD and my cache is on a separate external SSD.

Anyone having similar issues or any insight into what might be going on here?

Many thanks.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could there be any background processes that may be causing slow performance? Sometimes, programs such as Photoshop can cause this issue. Have you checked for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late reply (replies were ending up in my Spam folder). I've not checked for this specifically but given that it runs like this from the start before I am even using other applications makes me think that this is not the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also use M1 Ultra, 128G. It is very stuck when sliding up and down the layer, I have dropped to 23.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It started happening  fairly recently but can't be sure that it was around the same time that I upgraded to 23.1. Has reverting to 23.0 solved this problem for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines