• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE's tracker: show current points but hide the others

Contributor ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the built-in AE tracker with 4 points. The layer window is getting terribly cluttered with all of the other points and their connecting lines. I looked under "View" but none of the options give me what I need. I'm figuring there probably isn't an easy way to hide/show those rotten buggers but if somebody knows a secret, please share.

Thanks,

- DK

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Valorous Hero , Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Goto AE's Preferences - and head into the Display Section. The Motion Path Section at the top allows you define the time duration of keyframes you want to view.

AE_MotionPath_Keyframes_01.PNG

BTW, if you're using 4-point tracking in AE, there's a very high probability that you will obtain better tracking results with the bundled BorisFX MochaAE planar tracker.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Each trackpoint has its own eyeball icon. Switch it of, to make the points in the comp viewer invisible

Screenshot 2021-02-27 at 19.29.13.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goto AE's Preferences - and head into the Display Section. The Motion Path Section at the top allows you define the time duration of keyframes you want to view.

AE_MotionPath_Keyframes_01.PNG

BTW, if you're using 4-point tracking in AE, there's a very high probability that you will obtain better tracking results with the bundled BorisFX MochaAE planar tracker.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use AE's point tracker I almost always turn off all keyframes so the Layer panel stays uncluttered. I change preferences all the time. I also change workspaces all the time. It is a more efficient way to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each trackpoint has its own eyeball icon. Switch it of, to make the points in the comp viewer invisible

Screenshot 2021-02-27 at 19.29.13.png

 

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But this also removes the tracker itself from the view, which makes it a bit pointless if you're simply trying to double check that a tracker is set correctly while fixing the track point on that frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and as an additional remark: In general, I highly recommend to use the mocha Plugin that is bundled with Ae for any serious tracking tasks. If you want to track four points, most  likely you want to do something like a corner pin. For this, mocha will give you much better results that Ae's point tracker.

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines