• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE SDK - how to know if user use the "Linearize Working Space" option in project settings ?

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'am wondering if there is a way to know if user use the "Linearize Working Space" option in the project settings. This information is not mentioned in the AE SDK documentation. Any help ?

Thanks !

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does AEGP_ColorSettingsSuite2 have what you need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shachar,

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunatly the AEGP_ColorSttingsSuites2 only returns information about the Color Profile and approximated gamma about it.

But no information is passed about the setting of the "Linearize Working space" option located in the AE project Settings.

Was it activated by the user ?

Plugin developer is not able to know it...or i miss a point ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use AEGP_ExecuteScript with "app.project.linearizeWorkingSpace".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the trick. But i don't want to activate the feature, only know its setting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can read the value, you don't have to set it.

both the C api and the javascript api are incomplete. each has some capabilites the other doesn't.

i honestly don't see a way to get the linearize setting without resorting to javascript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Unfortunatly we can't run a javascript every frame to know a project setting. It would totally kill the frame rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case I try to guess if it's linear or not based off the approximate gamma returned. 

ERR(suites.ColorSettingsSuite2()->AEGP_GetColorProfileApproximateGamma(colorProfile, &approx_gamma));

If linearise is enabled, the scene gamma should be 1.0 and if not, it should be >1.0. Not perfect but close enough in most cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you James.

I'am going to test this solution !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines