Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE SDK workflow for Xcode projects - permissions issue

Contributor ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 48::72 error for a plugin and I wish to render into

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore/ for Debug.

The problem is that since Sierra, XCode fails to build into these directories due to permissions error. For Mac developers, how do you render into $mediacore or the plug-ins directory - 

/Applications/Adobe After Effects XXX/Plug-ins/Format/

Either of these directories have a permissions error.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For reference, if I create a soft linked dir and render into it, XCode gives me these errors - 

Error loading /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore/MyDir/Test.plugin/Contents/MacOS/Test:  dlopen(/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore/MyDir/Test.plugin/Contents/MacOS/Test, 262): no suitable image found.  Did find:
/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore/MyDir/Test.plugin/Contents/MacOS/Test: code signature invalid for '/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore/MyDir/Test.plugin/Contents/MacOS/Test'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

personally, i don't compile directly into these directories. i compile into some comfortable folder, and create a shortcut to that folder from within AE's plug-ins folder. ae parses shotcuts/links as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me on Catalina. I thought that may be a reason why the plugin did not load. Any ideas how the "Unable to load plugin" error can be debugged ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

whole day searching the solution for same problem. That works for me also. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines