AE Special Effects Using Compositions

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an AE slideshow template I downloaded. There are compositions with animated circles and other artifacts. When I look in a scene image/video place holder there is a layer that controls the scene sfx settings but uses compostions such as the animated circles as the effect being controled. How do I do this in my own project? Using compositions as the effect?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid your post won't make sense to anyone unless you provide a link to the template and/ or screenshots. Nobody here can know every template on the planet, and no offense, your inadequate description using rather vague wording doesn't allow to deduce anything, either. One could assume that you are fallin and failing for soem standard procedures used in such templates liek rigging stuff with expressions and hiding layers in the timeline with the shy guy, but really, we simply need better information.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went and looked at the template closer. Yes there were hidden layers. There are layers above the image/video place holder. But there is a layer at the top that controls scene sfx settings. When you expand the drop menu for that it is controlling things like visbility etc for several of the layers that are hidden. How do I create a seperate control for sfx for layers in the scene?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's probably rigged up with opacity expressions, but again, without an actual link to the template for more info or a screenshot we can't tell you more than that speculation. Dig into the layers and see how it's linked.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines