AE stopped playing back

New Here ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can someone please help me? on after effects 2019 my video is working perfictly fine but when i add another clip on it just freezes where the new clip begins and then stops responding so i have to force close. i then open AE back up and does the same thing. if anyone has a solution please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to the After Effects forum from Using the Community

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like maybe the second video clip is using an odd codec that AE can't handle.  Can you let us know how much RAM you have, your GPU and your processor.  Also the resolution, file type and file sizes of the videos causing an issue.

You might also look at cache drive and see if you can make some space.

My best guess without this info is that your computer might not be powerful enough, but there's still workarounds to try if so.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try to transcode your video clip to some better codec like ProRez, mostly you have some issue with your second clip

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines