Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE turns sound off to other software

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI!

Since a week or two, when AE is runing all othe softwares do not have access to sound card and therefore do not play any sounds. Does any one knows what is going on? How to solw this problem?

Thank you for your help!

Michal

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system information and relevant info like your audio device settings in the preferences we cannot tell you why this is happening. the only times this should happen is if you are using "fancy" equipment that is using special drivers liek external mixing consoles and all that plus in the past there have been issues with Bluetooth headphones. Anyway, more specific info is required.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if it's "fancy".
I'm using the Steinberg / Yamaha UR816 C audio interface and the settings in the preferences are fine (enclosing a screenshot).The point is - I've been working on this system for years. ANd everything was fine. I didn/t change anything. It just happened one day. If I remember well, probably after the last update of AE....M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if it's "fancy".

I'm using the Steinberg / Yamaha UR816 C audio interface and the settings
in the preferences are fine (enclosing a screenshot).
The point is - I've been working on this system for years. ANd everything
was fine. I didn/t change anything. It just happened one day. If I remember
well, probably after the last update of AE....
M

Without any system information and relevant info like your audio device
settings in the preferences we cannot tell you why this is happening. the
only times this should happen is if you are using "fancy" equipment that is
using special drivers liek external mixing consoles and all that plus in
the past there have been issues with Bluetooth headphones. Anyway, more
specific info is required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that would certainly qualify as "fancy". Have you changed anything recently like the mapping of the virtual audio channels or plugging it to a different USB. In the latter case it could even be a voltage or bandwidth problem on the bus.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I said - I didn't change anything, I didn't move anything. Issue of voltage or bandwidth problem on the bus - out of the question. I'm sure it's a bug in the new software update. I was hoping that someone had already noticed this and that there was a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines