• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE Unable to open

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the most up-to-date version of AE on Windows 10 and when attempting to launch through the CC app, nothing happens (i.e. when I click Open under Installed apps, nothing happens).

I have checked my PC's task manager and it also does not show that AE is running in the background.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest and older versions of AE, deleted my preferences, restarted my computer, uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe CC. None of these actions have worked to open AE.

I am stumped. Does anyone have any possible solutions or ideas of what could be going on?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi blairekwilson,

Sorry for your issue.

What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)? Do you get any details in the Windows Event Viewer: http://www.devtopics.com/how-to-check-the-application-event-log-for-errors/ 

Also, what happens if you run After Effects as administrator?

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu!

I was able to get in contact with someone from Adobe support who helped solve the issue.

Apparently there was a Windows file that was somehow missing - might have happened with the recent Windows system update. 

Thanks for reaching out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey what was the windows file that was missing? I think I have the same error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apparently, it was the msvcp140.dll file that was somehow missing.

Also, the Adobe support representative who assisted me repaired the C++ files that were in my program files.

Hopefully that info is helpful! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines