AE Under Utilizing System

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE is running much slower renders across the board (from simple pro-res all the way to complex 3D comps). AE 2022 is only using a fraction of my system's capabilities. On renders I'm typically seeing a max usage of 10-15% CPU, 40-50% RAM, 20-40% GPU with 8gb of 24gb used. Preview preferences and project settings are all correct (for hardware acceleration and appropriate allocation). It's not a hardware problem as other software like Blender and DaVinci utilize the full computer specs and encode similar files much faster. Even Premiere and AME are doing a better job. 

This build is producing only 1.5x faster renders than my previous 15yo build (Intel 3820, GTX 970 4gb, 32gb RAM).  I've never run into this problem before. Looking over some recent online forms, it looks as though I'm not the only AMD user with a high(er) end build experiencing this issue. 

I would love any suggestions.

SPECS

MB: B570 (w/ 1000w PS)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x (16c 3.40ghz)

RAM: 128gb

GPU: RTX 3090ti Latest studio driver

AE 2022 (Latest)

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to go to Edit/Preferences/Memory and try adjusting the memory balancer to a higher number.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This sounds reasonable within the constraints of how AE works in general. Yes, there appear to be performance-affecting bugs in the latest versions, but even outside that performance progression has never been linear in the past due to internal limitations at the core of AE. A lot of stuff simply won't process in parallel nor is AE's GPU usage particularly great and thus any excessive core count or fancy GPUs don't ever come into play. In the specific case likely there's some issue with the asynchronous processing in the Ryzen cores and perhaps soem bottleneck with multiframe rendering, but even if that gets fixed eventually, I wouldn't expect AE to "fly"...

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines