• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE v18 Build 39 Crashes Making New Comp - macOS

Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed this issue, not sure if it's due to a recent update.  But when I have Mercury Transmit enabled to preview my comps on my second 1920x1080 monitor, AE tends to crash -- either on the creation of the new comp, or when switching between comps.  Doesn't matter if the comps are the same frame rate/resolution or not.  I have to force quit the app (opt-cmd-esc) to close AE when this happens.

If I disable Mercury Transmit and eliminate the second monitor video preview, the problem doesn't occur.  This is a workable "fix," but I miss seeing my previews without markings on my larger second monitor.

Anyone else experiencing this?  I don't recall ever seeing this problem before I noticed it today.  When was the most recent update for AE?

My system: iMac 27" 2020 / 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 / 64 GB RAM / AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB

After Effects v18, Build 39

Attached is my crash report.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the multiple posts on this topic.  When I tried posting this in the morning, the forum/server kept giving me a "too much traffic" error.  I didn't realize each attempt actually posted my question.

Anyhow, I reverted back to AE 2020 v17.7 Build 45 and the problem went away.  I can now create and change comps all while using my second external montior as a preview without issues.

So, something's up with Mercury Transmit on AE 2021 V18 Build 39 on macOS -- at least on my configuration. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this exact same issue. In my case I am using a 2 monitor setup on a Macbook Pro with the preview to the second monitor. It is a v18 issue from what I can tell as v17 has no such problem. Interestingly, I'm able to do a second monitor preview in the current version of Premier Pro just fine.

My system: MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) / 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 / 64 GB RAM / AMD Radeon Pro 5600M 8 GB

After Effects v 18.1.0 (Build 38)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines