• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE very slow/freezing when working with photoshop layers

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been going on for months, maybe over a year. It happens both on Windows and MacOS.

Using shortcuts to open properties on photoshop layer freezes up AE for ~10-15 seconds.

It only happens when doing it 1st time. Consecutive use of shortcuts on the same layer does not freeze up AE. But then using the shortcuts on another psd layer freezes up again.

Test PSD file is <150mb, 1080p. Flattened to 3 layers and I still can't figure out why it keeps freezing up AE. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aDZev3mzehvxb56ID7PP6nyrpDawXbj4/view?usp=sharing

System info (but doesnt matter if it also happens on Macs):

CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2920X
RAM: 64GB

GPU: RTX 2070 Super

Drivers: 442.92 Studio drivers

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to access the file as it asks for a permission.

Have you tried resetting photoshop and After effects preferences settings? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe assets link

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/65ea281f-6e2f-46ef-43de-b1418ae2d6ff

I got in touch with an agent and he gave me some tips what to try (updating drivers and repairing C++ redistributables) so will see if that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally have found a solution! The issue is the raw metadata into the psd files, these psd from mac coming with a huge metadata. The solution is to clean the metadata, I recommend a software "ExifCleaner", it is free and really effective. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for chiming in to the community discussion. Please keep sharing the suggestions that may help others.

Cheers,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines