• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE will not Launch (Desktop)

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After effects will not launch. I hit the open button through CC and nothing happens. If I attempt to open AE though windows start menu, I recieve a MSVCP110.dll.was not found error. I updated 18.4 and nothing, I uninstalled and reinstalled AE, I reverted to as far back as versioin 17.7, uninstalled without saving preferences then reinstall, same thing. I ran the Adobe repair tool on CCD . I have reset my computer and made sure my drivers are up to date. AE is the only program CC will not open. No hardwear changes have been made and my video drivers are up to date. I have done everything short of unplugging my computer and wait 30 secs before replugging it (Last part was a joke Joke)...... Help! 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeremy!

Sorry about the trouble. This is related to Microsoft C++ files. Could you refer to this article? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads-2647da03-1eea-4433...

Let us know if that helps.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm having the same problem. AE and PremierePro won't launch. I've tried running the C++ repair tool, uninstalling AE and Premiere, restarting, nothing works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8KHs2eVcew

I followed these steps (be sure to follow them in order) and that fixed the issue. It's easy to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I already had the programs but it allowed me to repair and AE now works...
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines