Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AEF-Interface: customize columns

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
I mostly work mobile on a laptop and accordingly have to save a lot of space in the interface. 
It has long bothered me that you can't reduce the wasted space between the 3D cube and the concatenation tool (see picture). 
I can customize all other columns, just not this one. What am I doing wrong?

THANK YOU!
Nick

Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-07 um 12.57.52.png

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not doing anything wrong. This space is reserved for contextual switches icons. That's an ages old limitation in how AE draws stuff in the timeline, but yes, it's perhaps not that useful in this day and age and should be changed.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Icons in the bottom left corner of the timeline will show and hide columns, Shift + F4 and F4 will show and hide columns the Parent/Link column, and you can click and drag between columns in the Column Name row to change the width. 

RickGerard_0-1670441380198.gif

It is sometimes tricky to grab the. Intersection. You just have to wait for the pointer to change to the doubble arrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines