• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AEGP Plugin CINEWARE SceneLayer: CINERENDER - Connection failure (5027 :: 12)

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working in AE CC2014.1 and C4D lite.  I have a project with a few .c4d files in it.  I'm working on this project at my work computer, and I then bring it home in the evenings and work on it on my own computer (both mac pros).  At work it's fine, at home I have problems. 

I get the error "AEGP Plugin CINEWARE SceneLayer: CINERENDER - Connection failure (5027 :: 12)" when I launch AE, and I think it does this for every .c4d file I have in this project.  I can see the file just fine in C4D lite, and in after effects I see a black screen in the comp window.  However I can see the thumbnail of the c4d file in the project window when I have the c4d file selected.  The layer is active in the comp's timeline as well.  Not sure what to do about this.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Work Computer:

Mac Pro 5,1 2x6 core

Quadro 4000

64 GB Ram

Home Computer

Mac Pro 3,1 2x4 core

GTX 680

14 GB Ram

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 14, 2015 Feb 14, 2015

Hey all,

I resolved the problem by running AE as the administrator. Right click on the program and run as administrator. This is using Windows 8.1

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ARe your C4D and AE versions the same? Have you checked the port connection options in Cineware?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium.  Thanks for the reply.  They are the same versions as far as I know - CC 2014.1 and C4d r16 (CC updates and all).  But I am relatively new to C4D, and I don't really know anything about port connection options.  I'll do a google search for that, but if you have a link, it would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been running into this exact problem on projects that feature many c4d files in them that were originally produced on my previous copies of Adobe After Effects CC...

The minute I updated CC to CC2014 it happened every once in a while and by simply restarting or just purging all my memory..and the error didnt pop up the next time i open the project.

Now that I've updated CC2014 to the new blue look (13.1.1) this error is constantly occuring when opening AEPs built in the original CC (or version 12)

I've checked the cineware options and this is the current setup for the C4D render path

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2014\Support Files\Plug-ins\MAXON CINEWARE AE\(CINEWARE Support)\bin\CineWare.exe

the C4D executable path is

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2014\Support Files\Plug-ins\MAXON CINEWARE AE\(CINEWARE Support)\bin\CineWare.exe

and its using the TCP port of 5030

it's worth noting that if I open a blank project..create a NEW maxon file..open cinema4d Lite..then close the AE project..leave C4dLite up and open the older CC AEP..it opens up the project without issue.

This is because I have C4D Lite running in the background.  without it..i would've run into the same SceneLayer error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same exact issue.  I'm guessing Adobe hasn't found a proper solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2014 Dec 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been getting this quite often as well. Almost reason enough to just buy Cinema 4D outright even though all I need is it to work within AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2015 Jan 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't you fixed this ??. I get the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2015 Feb 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue. Has anyone figured out how to get around it? I'd really appreciate the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2015 Feb 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I resolved the problem by running AE as the administrator. Right click on the program and run as administrator. This is using Windows 8.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2015 Feb 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thaks mattt48180508  it worked!! you saved my life

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2015 Apr 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, That was my problem too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using WIN 7  64 bit and running the program as administrator has reopened AE with the c4d pjt file  OK. Hope this solves it, but obviously some bug that needs to be fixed. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2016 Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running AE as admin fixed the problem for me.. Thanks for the tip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem in my MAC.  What is my solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 06, 2015 Apr 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem  (PC win 7).

Thanks for the solution but it is not a final solution: I often start Ae by clicking on the *.aep file and in this case, it does'nt work.

Adobe has to correct that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started getting this problem... "cineware closethread" etc. yesterday after working on a tutorial course for the past couple of days with no problem. Then it started when opening a the project again with the c4d file in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 08, 2015 Apr 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the problem comes from TCP... Only change the CINEWARE TCP port

A solution: CreativeCOW

It's OK for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue but only on certain cinema 4d files. Some worked some didnt. Turned out it was an FDD deformer in the scene that was stopping it importing. Maybe a solution to some of the people here. As running as admin didn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2016 Jul 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW Studio Ltd wrote:

I had this same issue but only on certain cinema 4d files. Some worked some didnt. Turned out it was an FDD deformer in the scene that was stopping it importing. Maybe a solution to some of the people here. As running as admin didn't work for me.

Installing and using CC 2015.3 (After Effects version 13.8) should solve the FFD problem. It did for this person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[EXPLETIVE DELETED] YES! after everything I have tried running the program as admin worked... I can't believe after hours of work on this problem this simple approach is all it took.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKYYY YOU! Your tip is perfect. It worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I run AE as admin and solved the problem. Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe/Maxon, We need to talk about this...

These fix's only work on personal machines where you are administrator or where you can readily change ports.

I work at a large corporation, I am not the administrator, I will not be able to get an administrator to stop by every morning, or after every crash

I cannot open new ports as almost every port in my office is closed by corp security.  I cannot surf 4/5ths of the internet, check any mail, update my applications or, as it seems now, run files that once worked. 

I will add tot he confusion by saying I DELETED the C4D footage/File, reduced my file, imported into a new AE File, and I STILL GET THE ERROR.  No Cinema 4D what so ever.  I literally have 1 audio file, and 2 solids in my bin and I STILL GET THE ERROR!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C4D R19, full version, DOES NOT work with AE live link. Period.

Adobe blames C4D.

C4D blames Apple.

Apple blames Adobe. 

Any issue you solve brings you to another issue.

Save your money and use Blackmagic Fusion, Houdini, Maya or Blender instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Вобщем решил проблемму , единственное что помогло это другая версия After Effects установленная в тот каталог куда именно ей хочется , ничего не менял. Помог Diakov. Widows 10 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines